GENERAL RULES OF ADMISSION:
- Admissions to the courses offered by Ras Bihari Bose Subharti University are done either through Entrance Examination or on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination, spot test and interview, wherever applicable.
- If seats remain vacant after the entrance examination in any course and students are not available in the waiting list made on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination, admissions will be made from another list compiled considering the marks obtained in the qualifying examination, spot test and/or interview conducted by the University.
- A notification will be issued in newspapers and will also be posted at the website of the University regarding the date of spot test and interview etc (decided by the university on its discretion) along with other relevant details related to the examination. The applicant will be required to go to the specified place on specified date along with all the original certificates and fee of the course, to be deposited then and there, if selected.
- The academic session will commence from 1st August 2017 or as per norms of relevant Regulatory bodies/councils. The last date of admission in a semester system course is 30th of September and in yearly system is 31st October.
Admissions are open for Indian/Foreign Nationals and NRIs. Students who have passed the qualifying examination from outside the country will have to produce the equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities. Any other condition laid down by the Central Govt. shall have the superseding effect.
(i) *25% seats are reserved for candidates, who are permanent residents of the state of Uttarakhand. If these reserved seats remain vacant, the said vacant seats shall be filled by All India Category Candidates.
(ii) For the reserved seats as mentioned in subclause
(i) above, the University shall comply with the State Government reservation policy as amended/ applicable from time to time.
(iii) 25% rebate in the Tuition Fees only shall be given to the candidates who are admitted under Permanent resident category as mentioned in subclause (i) above.
(iv) Under the Physically handicapped category, only the candidates with locomotors disability of lower Limbs (as per regulations) shall be considered.
- The student is required to have attained 17 years of age by 31st December of the year of admission in all graduation courses after 10+2. The Vice Chancellor has the right to relax the condition in exceptional circumstances if the course is governed only by the University rules and also not in contravention of any UGC/Statutory Body regulation.
- The form annexed to this brochure is for students, applying for merit based admissions or Entrance Test.
- Ras Bihari Bose Subharti University reserves the right to change the curriculum, course structure and the rules relating to Admissions, Examinations, Fee Structure, Refunds, and Scholarships etc provided there is no regulation of the UGC/Statutory Body in contravention to that.
- Updates, if any, will be notified on the University website and no individual communication will be sent to the candidates. All differences and disputes arising in the interpretation and implementation of any section in this Prospectus will be referred to the Vice Chancellor and his decision shall be final and binding.
- The legal Jurisdiction of the University is Nainital High Court, Uttarakhand.
- The policy of Refund of fee as laid down by the UGC shall be followed by the University, except in the M.B.B.S course where there is a separate policy as per the judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court. Both policies can be obtained by the students from the student’s section/admission cell.
- Admission of students reporting late without any valid reason and information are likely to be cancelled.
- Students are to report/register on the day of commencement of the session or if the admission is made later to that, then immediately.
- Students are required to bring the following documents at the time of joining the University:
(a) The admission letter in original along with Fee Receipt.
(b) Registration- cum-admission form duly filled with one Photo pasted and one spare. Photo pasted should be self attested.
(c) Form for the Non- Hosteller students duly filled in (Annexure- 1)
(d) Students should also bring Medical Certificate in the form attached as (Annexure -2)
(e) Undertaking from the students and parent separately as per the provisions of Anti-Ragging Rules. Affidavit on a non- judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- each duly notarized. (Annexure – 3 and 4).
(f) In the case of students who have been provisionally admitted, if they fail to produce proof of having fulfilled the eligibility conditions at the time of joining will have to submit an undertaking that (s) he will submit the proof of fulfilling the laid down eligibility condition for admission to the course, by 31 October positively, failing which his/her
provisional registration/admission to the said course will automatically stand cancelled. The undertaking will be given by the student and his/her parent separately in the format attached as (Annexure 5 and 6 respectively).
(g) Students willing to stay in hostel should bring the form duly filled in, attached as (Annexure – 7 and 8).
(h) Form for issue of Identity card has to be submitted duly filled in CAPITAL LETTERS only (Annexure- 9)
- List of selected candidates will be put up on/ displayed on the notice board of the University Central Office accordingly. The University is not responsible to inform the candidate personally / individually.
- For any query, anyone can contact ‘Mobile Numbers 08194007424’
- The last date of admission for the different courses will be as per the relevant notification issued by the University.